Thursday, March 5, 2009

NCLB Video

3 comments:

  1. Rob- I like your song. The video seems to mostly be a recap of NCLB laws and code but doesn't take a stance or opinion that is fully developed. In your opinion, should be change NCLB? Should there be something in its place? Does what you read in Friedman or the Did You Know video give you any different thoughts on what we should do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem with the NCLB act is that there is no national standards. Standards in NJ is different than the standards in Florida. To make it worse, even if the standards are the same, each state gets to make their own test. How can a nation use this as a benchmark assessment or any level of comparsison? Something needs to be done about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one of my favorite Zepplin songs. I chose NCLB because I really am against it. I should have stated that more often in the video. I recapped it so everyone has a full understanding of what goes on. I am against it because its too much pressure on the students to pass a test. Also, I don't think the government should determine this, teachers and educators should.

    ReplyDelete