Sunday, February 22, 2009

Week 5: Part 2 Budget

Title I:
  • Put together a team that helps students for test readiness.
  • Pay teachers a stipend to keep them after school working with the students to get ready for test.
  • Create better benchmarks.
  • Hire a test specialist teacher

Title II:

  • Bring in speakers for professional development to help teachers deal with economically disadvantaged students.
  • Have mandatory math workshops for teachers.
  • Create as much professional development necessary for teachers with money left. They can always get better.

Title III:

  • Purchase more materials for the bilingual products. Use new technology to help with the program.
  • Hire a part-time teacher if possible to help with struggling bilingual students.
  • After-school bilingual programs.

Title IV:

  • Hire a motivational speaker about drug abuse and have seminar for students.
  • After school drug abuse programs.

Title V:

  • Purchase new technology for students. Give them as much as you can to help them out in the classroom. Smart Boards are a great start.

2 comments:

  1. · Your plan looks good except the one thing that I would change is that I would move the “Bring in speakers for professional development to help teachers deal with economically disadvantaged students.” To title 1. I think that by having mandatory workshops this would communicate to teachers to the math portion of the district is lacking and needs a vast improvement. Also, I think that by having after school drug abuse programs is a great idea because this hopefully will keep students off the streets. Possibly, invite parents to these programs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob- I like how your budget is focused primarily on PD and not supplies. They key question is how do you get PD that will help learning (and scores) and how to do you get teachers to "buy in" to the PD as being important?

    ReplyDelete